M8 3D LiDAR sensor is available in four versions with differing maximum ranges to suit your application – M8 Core (100 metres), M8-Plus (150 metres) and M8-Ultra (200 metres). The M8-PoE+ sensor has a range of 150 metres, plus an RJ45 802.3at output connection.
Wide field of view – 360° horizontal field of view and 20° (+3°/–17°) vertical field of view for rapid and reliable scanning of large areas.
Day and night vision – immune to ambient lighting conditions, maintaining high performance even in extremely bright and low light environments.
Angular resolution – 0.03-0.13°, depending on the frame rate, to reliably detect objects with pinpoint accuracy.
Range accuracy – providing accurate and reliable results (< 3 cm range accuracy) even at the limits of the sensors 200 metre range.
Point cloud density – 3D point cloud with up to 1.3M points per second with three returns.
Environmental protection – rated up to IP69K against dust and water ingress.
- Smart cities
|Laser class||Class 1 (eye-safe, IEC 6085-1)|
|Measurement technique||Time of flight (ToF)|
|Minimum range||0.5 m (80% reflectivity)|
|Maximum range||100 m (80% ref.)|
35 m (10% ref.)
|150 m (80% ref.)|
53 m (10% ref.)
|200 m (80% ref.)|
70 m (10% ref.)
|150 m (80% ref.)|
53 m (10% ref.)
|Range Accuracy (1σ at 50m)||< 3 cm|
|Frame rate (update frequency)||5–20 Hz|
|Angular resolution||0.033°–0.132° dependent on frame rate|
|Detection layers / channels||8|
|Field of view (FoV)||Horizontal: 360°, vertical: 20° (+3°/–17°)|
|Data outputs||Angle, Distance, Intensity, Time Stamp (synchronized to GPS when available)|
|Output connection||M19 connector — 100/1000Mbps Ethernet||RJ45 802.3at|
|Output rate||430,000 points per second (1 return), 1.3M points per second (3 returns)|
|Nominal power||16 W||18 W|
|Operating voltage||24 V DC +/–1.2V||42.5 –57 V DC|
|Operating temperature||–20°C to +60°C (–4°F to +140°F)|
|Storage temperature||–40°C to +105°C (–40°F to +220°F)|
|Nominal weight||900 g||1360 g|
|Dimensions||103 mm (D) x 87 mm (H)||115 mm (D) x 134 mm (H)|
|Shock and vibration||ETSI EN 300 019-2-5, IEC Class 5M3|
|Certifications||FDA, FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE, IEC-60079-15, ASTM G154-12A, EN-61326, IEC-61010, ISO 9001:2015,|
REACH SVHC, Conﬂict Mineral Rules
Finance and Shipping
Restrictions on customers
Please note that due to the high average transaction costs, we must adhere to Anti-money laundering legislation. For new customers, this comes into effect when the transaction value is more than £8,800 (or equivalent in USD or EUR).
Please note that some products are restricted so we typically do a brief check on location and customer information before accepting self-service orders.
Online ordering (self service)
On orders up to £8,800 (or equivalent in USD or EUR), we offer online ordering with payment by all major credit cards. Payments can be made in GBP only.
Payment options for transactions over £8,800
Please contact us to complete our ‘Know Your Customer’ form for payments in advance (by BACS or Card) above this amount, or apply for a full ‘Credit Account’ for up to 30 days credit, on account. Payments can be made in GBP, EUR or USD.
Shipping by default is by FedEx and typically takes from one to five working days worldwide. All packages are fully insured from us to you.
Our incoterms are DDP (for UK customers) and DAP (for international customers, including EU). Other incoterms may be available on request in special circumstances.
Goods can also be collected from our logistics centre.
Level Five Supplies is pleased to offer finance as a payment option, iur appointed partners can work with you to make equipment purchase more straightforward.
There are many reasons to consider using finance:
- Improves Cash Flow: When you finance your equipment, your cash isn’t tied up in the equipment. Instead, it’s free for other investments that will grow your business, produce income, and ensure the equipment you acquire earns profits over its lifetime.
- Preserves Other Lines of Credit: Tomorrow can bring many opportunities. Financing equipment means you’ll have the credit available (either from the bank or other sources) to take advantage of future opportunities.
- Hedges against inflation: Your monthly payment remains the same over the term of the lease or loan. Money paid later in the term usually have less purchasing power than those paid at the beginning of the term…so you pay for today’s equipment needs with tomorrow’s lower-value currency.
- Provides 100% financing: Even “soft costs” such as training, shipping, installation, and maintenance agreements can usually be included. So you can rest easy knowing that these associated costs won’t disrupt your cash flow.
- Simplifies equipment changes: Hiring additional workforce? Increasing efficiency? Additional equipment can easily be added to your existing loan or lease. Or, if you’re trying to stay ahead of the competition by staying ahead of technologies, the equity in your financed equipment can be applied toward the loan or lease of new equipment. These options solve the problems of obsolescence – and make your job easier.
- Eliminates hidden charges: You have no compensating balances, no closing costs, and no blanket liens or other restrictive covenants that banks use to increase customers’ cost. What you see is what you get.
- Offers excellent rates: Our finance partner rates are highly competitive.
- Saves on taxes: Depending on the type of finance agreement you select, as much as 100% of your payments may be tax deductible.
- Offers many payment programs: Our finance partners work for you, not us. You choose the type of loan or lease that best fits your needs, and you select the length of the loan or lease term.
The finance agreement is between you and the lender, and we don’t take commission or referral fees – but we’ve done the preparatory work of allocating a broker for the US, and another for Europe, explaining the technology, validating supplier products and explaining how the technology will be used so your application process is simplified and focused entirely on the financials.
The initial part of the process usually takes less than an hour and means that you can spread the cost of a higher value purchase of equipment like this over several months or even years, allowing you to better plan your project or department budgets, but also means you can get what you need over the coming years, not just what you can afford today.
Details of current funding opportunities and support programmes for research and innovation
Contact our Sales team to discuss your needs further.