The EPAS100 Pro MGU (motor gearbox unit) is DCE Motorsport’s entry-level electric power-assisted steering system (EPAS). This fully integrated, stand-alone EPAS solution also includes an EPAS18TIUA Autonomous ECU enabling integration with certain autonomous applications.
How EPAS systems work
- Replaces the existing steering column.
- An electric motor and torque sensor are installed in line with the steering column.
- The torque sensor monitors the amount of force from the steering wheel.
- This information flows to the EPAS ECU, where the motor delivers the appropriate level of assistance to power the steering rack.
- No need for hydraulics.
- Lighter than a hydraulic system.
- No hydraulic pump dragging on the engine.
- Ideal for small, 12V DC vehicles with no existing PAS system.
- MGU is fitted anywhere inline between the steering wheel and rack input pinion.
- Input shaft allows both manual and autonomous control
- Generates up to 66 ft.lbs / 90Nm of steering column torque.
- CAN Bus control by either:
- sending a simulated torque sensor signal
- sending a +/ duty cycle demand for direct control of the EPAS motor
- sending heading and gain request for the EPAS motor to steer to.
To enable integration with an autonomous platform the custom firmware will need to be downloaded (this can be found under the Downloads tab). The system can be used for fully unmanned applications or applications where a driver may also be present at times. Control of steering rate and direction is via the CAN bus and switching from manned to unmanned modes can be carried out while the vehicle is in motion.
- 1 x EPAS100 MGU
- 1 x EPAS18TIUA Autonomous ECU
- 1 x EPAS19MGU Wiring Harness
- 1 x PNU0097 Steering Angle Sensor
Finance and Shipping
Restrictions on customers
Please note that due to the high average transaction costs, we must adhere to Anti-money laundering legislation. For new customers, this comes into effect when the transaction value is more than £8,800 (or equivalent in USD or EUR).
Please note that some products are restricted so we typically do a brief check on location and customer information before accepting self-service orders.
Online ordering (self service)
On orders up to £8,800 (or equivalent in USD or EUR), we offer online ordering with payment by all major credit cards. Payments can be made in GBP only.
Payment options for transactions over £8,800
Please contact us to complete our ‘Know Your Customer’ form for payments in advance (by BACS or Card) above this amount, or apply for a full ‘Credit Account’ for up to 30 days credit, on account. Payments can be made in GBP, EUR or USD.
Shipping by default is by FedEx and typically takes from one to five working days worldwide. All packages are fully insured from us to you.
Our incoterms are DDP (for UK customers) and DAP (for international customers, including EU). Other incoterms may be available on request in special circumstances.
Goods can also be collected from our logistics centre.
Level Five Supplies is pleased to offer finance as a payment option, iur appointed partners can work with you to make equipment purchase more straightforward.
There are many reasons to consider using finance:
- Improves Cash Flow: When you finance your equipment, your cash isn’t tied up in the equipment. Instead, it’s free for other investments that will grow your business, produce income, and ensure the equipment you acquire earns profits over its lifetime.
- Preserves Other Lines of Credit: Tomorrow can bring many opportunities. Financing equipment means you’ll have the credit available (either from the bank or other sources) to take advantage of future opportunities.
- Hedges against inflation: Your monthly payment remains the same over the term of the lease or loan. Money paid later in the term usually have less purchasing power than those paid at the beginning of the term…so you pay for today’s equipment needs with tomorrow’s lower-value currency.
- Provides 100% financing: Even “soft costs” such as training, shipping, installation, and maintenance agreements can usually be included. So you can rest easy knowing that these associated costs won’t disrupt your cash flow.
- Simplifies equipment changes: Hiring additional workforce? Increasing efficiency? Additional equipment can easily be added to your existing loan or lease. Or, if you’re trying to stay ahead of the competition by staying ahead of technologies, the equity in your financed equipment can be applied toward the loan or lease of new equipment. These options solve the problems of obsolescence – and make your job easier.
- Eliminates hidden charges: You have no compensating balances, no closing costs, and no blanket liens or other restrictive covenants that banks use to increase customers’ cost. What you see is what you get.
- Offers excellent rates: Our finance partner rates are highly competitive.
- Saves on taxes: Depending on the type of finance agreement you select, as much as 100% of your payments may be tax deductible.
- Offers many payment programs: Our finance partners work for you, not us. You choose the type of loan or lease that best fits your needs, and you select the length of the loan or lease term.
The finance agreement is between you and the lender, and we don’t take commission or referral fees – but we’ve done the preparatory work of allocating a broker for the US, and another for Europe, explaining the technology, validating supplier products and explaining how the technology will be used so your application process is simplified and focused entirely on the financials.
The initial part of the process usually takes less than an hour and means that you can spread the cost of a higher value purchase of equipment like this over several months or even years, allowing you to better plan your project or department budgets, but also means you can get what you need over the coming years, not just what you can afford today.
Contact our Sales team to discuss your needs further.