Two iterations of Laikago are available; developer version and standard version,
- Developer version – can integrate vision solutions, LiDAR, radar, robotic arms, positioning systems and more for robotic applications development. Has the potential to be programmed for gesture recognition, autonomous navigation and dynamic obstacle avoidance.
- Standard version – suited for less complex applications including entertainment and performance.
- Research and development
- Inspection and maintenance
- Patrol and detection
- Last-mile delivery
- Exploration and rescue
- Laikago’s 12 high-performance servos generate up to 18 KW of instant power, as well as an incredible 0.8 kW/kg of power density – for comparison, a supercar typically generates 0.45 kW/kg.
- Payload capacity of 14 kg stationary and 10 kg when in motion make this one of the strongest quadruped robots available.
- Robust carbon fibre and aluminium construction.
Incredible stability and agility
- Advanced dynamic balancing algorithm enables Laikago to swiftly regain its balance following impact or falls.
- Top speed over even ground of 0.8 m/s – this can be enhanced through secondary development.
- Laikago can climb gradients of up 21°
- Range of movements:
- walking forwards
- walking backwards
- lateral movement
- in-situ turning
- advance in a squat position
- retreat in a squat position
- ascent and descent of slopes and steps
- The potential for further high-performance movements to be established through development.
- Zero force control mode – the robot changes posture upon application of external force, maintaining the new posture when the force is removed.
- Integrated force sensor at each foot end, enabling real-time contact states of feet in any situation.
High-performance power system
- Long-life battery supports high current fast charging – only one hour for a full charge
- 4.5-8.5 hours operating time.
- Intelligent built-in air cooling system that automatically senses the temperature and cools accordingly.
- Capable of supplying power to two external devices.
- Single-button boot.
- User control interface: high-speed serial port or ethernet interface.
- ROS operating system.
- Main computer with two ARM processors; custom ARM-based controller on each joint (x12); additional computer.
- Custom software. Ubuntu Linux OS (additional computer).
- Remotely operated with Wi-Fi-enabled controller, including emergency stop function.