Want to re-open public or enclosed areas but need to enforce social distancing?
Our SENSR-I software system can assist.
Paired with our spatially accurate high-resolution and long-range Ouster LiDAR sensors, the distance between any individuals within a space can be checked in real-time, along with speed, trajectory, and a count of other pedestrians in an area.
Whether your space is indoors or outdoors, a simple courtyard or a complex shopping mall, in all weathers; a single networked solution can help you build a resilient system for monitoring distance between any number of pedestrians across a wide area.
Developed by South Korea’s Seoul Robotics, the technology has already been used to measure social distancing procedures during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Whether your social distancing measures are enabled through electronic signage, loudspeakers, security or law enforcement, a spatially accurate measurement system can provide a much-needed boost to traditional 2D camera systems, significantly increasing the safety of pedestrians, whether staff in a confined space or people in an open or public space.
- Up to 125,000 square metres per sensor (line of sight)
- Highly scalable – can be networked with multiple sensors for large or complex environments
- Outstanding environmental protection (IP68)
- All-weather performance, sensors can be pressure washed and work day and night
- Add ‘alert’ zones, ‘no count’ zones, and accurate pedestrian counting over different areas
- GDPR compliance – this tool does not measure or record any personally identifiable information
Interfaces and Connections
- Standalone interface for social distance measurement if no existing infrastructure in place
- Can be connected to existing VMS systems and infrastructure with minimal software scripting – usually <1 hour.
- Non-compliant signal outputs to other systems via web API or fully documented SDK
- Connects to common infrastructure (AC 240v, Ethernet)
- Easy-to-install sensors mount to standard PTZ fitting
- Security vehicle mountable (vehicle must be static for ~5-10 mins before measurement can begin)
- Flexible and fully documented API / SDK for your own system integration, including standard VMS
Example Hardware and Software Costs
|Range from sensor|
(radius in metres)
|Overall cost / SqM |
(total over 3 years)
|500 m2||12.5 metres||£9.28||£580||£2900|
|2,000 m2||25 metres||£5.32||£1330||£6650|
|7,500 m2||50 metres||£2.84||£2660||£13300|
|30,000 m2||100 metres||£0.89||£3320||£16600|
|125,000 m2||200 metres||£0.26||£3990||£19950|
If your organization has an existing security contractor, we are happy to provide them with the hardware and software details they need to deliver a functioning system into your facilities, venue security system, or monitoring system quickly.
Purchasing and Partnerships
As a member of ADS (the Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space trade association) we would be delighted to work with fellow members to help deliver this new safety solution to customers quickly, to help return economies to normal.
We are seeking partnerships with existing CCTV providers and security installers, particularly if these already have procurement agreements in place, to help scale our ability to deploy these systems across our broad geographic reach.
For our RTO and Academic friends working on research projects across robotics, spatial measurement, Autonomous vehicles and health, we offer an academic discount. If you already have Ouster lidar systems, that you usually can get this system working quickly on your existing hardware.