Designed to guide users in the understanding and use of Toposens smart ultrasonic sensor technology, the Echo One development kit (DK) enables collision avoidance in autonomous platforms, area surveillance, presence detection and ADAS applications. The DK platform gives you the flexibility to evaluate the sensor in line with the demands of your project.
The Toposens 3D echolocation sensor works by combining the time-of-flight principle of conventional ultrasonic sensors with triangulation and advanced signal processing algorithms.
A CAN communication interface aids ease of integration, along with three software packages C++ library, a ROS implementation package and the cross-platform Toposens 3D visualiser.
With this development kit, you will be able to demonstrate and validate the functionality and performance of the highly accurate Echo One 3D collision avoidance sensor, including 3D multi-object detection (including complex and transparent objects) ultra-wide field-of-view and considerable detection range.
3D multi-object detection – generate 3D echolocations (x/y/z) of the environment
Ultra short-range detection – 3D data from 20 cm
Ultra-wide field-of-view – up to 180° at short-range, 110° at 3 metres (horizontal)
Best in class detection capability – detects dark, transparent, complex and small objects
Highly robust – rugged IP67 protection, and immunity to lighting conditions
Compact design and flexible mounting – flat housing design and multiple fixing options
Simple software integration – CAN and ROS driver delivering x,y,z data output
Low power consumption – 2.2 W average for greater uptime
- Collision avoidance
- Area surveillance
- Collision avoidance
- Vehicle cocooning
- Power side door
- In-cabin detection
- Autonomous vehicles
- Presence detection
|Ultrasonic frequency||~40 kHz|
|Frame rate||Up to ~20 Hz (adjustable)|
|3D operating range||20 – 300 cm|
|Horizontal FoV||20 – 60 cm up to ± 90°|
60 – 300 cm up to ± 55°
|Vertical FoV||20 – 60 cm up to ± 90°|
60 – 300 cm up to ± 25°
|Communication interface||CAN 2.0A. Default data rate 1 Mbit/s|
(other data rates/interfaces on request)
Target was a 7.5cm wide, 100 cm tall pole located in front of the sensor
|Dimensions||12.2 x 6.8 x 2.3 cm|
|Weight||0.253 Kg including cable|
|Protection class (sensor unit)||IP67|
|Fixed sensor cable||D-sub 15 female (others on request)|
85 cm length
|Nominal supply voltage||12 V|
|Supply voltage range||6 – 28 V|
|Power consumption||2.2 W (at 12 V)|
- Echo One DK – 3D ultrasonic development sensor
- Protective case – water-tight transport case
- Power supply – 12 V 3 A. Socket types: UK, USA / JP, AUS, EU / 100-240 V
- CAN terminator – D-sub 9 CAN-terminator. Split termination 120 Ω
- Sensor mount – mount for attaching the sensor to a tripod or table
- Interface adaptor – USB adaptor & Micro USB cable to connect sensor to PC (use of visualiser and firmware update utility only possible via interface adaptor)
- CAN communication cable – cable to connect sensor to CAN network
- Breakout box – providing convenient access to all sensor pins
- Toposens sensor library – C++ library driver, available via Github. Enables implementation of the sensor into customer projects. Based on Linux SocketCAN
- ROS implementation package – ROS nodes and dockerfile for Linux
- Toposens 3D visualiser – PC software for raw data visualisation and capturing via interface adaptor
- Firmware update tool – enables updating of the sensor’s firmware via interface adaptor
- Data sheet – PDF file including instructions for installation and communication
- ROS documentation – online documentation and tutorial for implementing the Toposens ROS package intro customer ROS projects
- Toposens 3D visualiser – user guide for visualiser operation
Finance and Shipping
Restrictions on customers
Please note that due to the high average transaction costs, we must adhere to Anti-money laundering legislation. For new customers, this comes into effect when the transaction value is more than £8,800 (or equivalent in USD or EUR).
Please note that some products are restricted so we typically do a brief check on location and customer information before accepting self-service orders.
Online ordering (self service)
On orders up to £8,800 (or equivalent in USD or EUR), we offer online ordering with payment by all major credit cards. Payments can be made in GBP only.
Payment options for transactions over £8,800
Please contact us to complete our ‘Know Your Customer’ form for payments in advance (by BACS or Card) above this amount, or apply for a full ‘Credit Account’ for up to 30 days credit, on account. Payments can be made in GBP, EUR or USD.
Shipping by default is by FedEx and typically takes from one to five working days worldwide. All packages are fully insured from us to you.
Our incoterms are DDP (for UK customers) and DAP (for international customers, including EU). Other incoterms may be available on request in special circumstances.
Goods can also be collected from our logistics centre.
Level Five Supplies is pleased to offer finance as a payment option, iur appointed partners can work with you to make equipment purchase more straightforward.
There are many reasons to consider using finance:
- Improves Cash Flow: When you finance your equipment, your cash isn’t tied up in the equipment. Instead, it’s free for other investments that will grow your business, produce income, and ensure the equipment you acquire earns profits over its lifetime.
- Preserves Other Lines of Credit: Tomorrow can bring many opportunities. Financing equipment means you’ll have the credit available (either from the bank or other sources) to take advantage of future opportunities.
- Hedges against inflation: Your monthly payment remains the same over the term of the lease or loan. Money paid later in the term usually have less purchasing power than those paid at the beginning of the term…so you pay for today’s equipment needs with tomorrow’s lower-value currency.
- Provides 100% financing: Even “soft costs” such as training, shipping, installation, and maintenance agreements can usually be included. So you can rest easy knowing that these associated costs won’t disrupt your cash flow.
- Simplifies equipment changes: Hiring additional workforce? Increasing efficiency? Additional equipment can easily be added to your existing loan or lease. Or, if you’re trying to stay ahead of the competition by staying ahead of technologies, the equity in your financed equipment can be applied toward the loan or lease of new equipment. These options solve the problems of obsolescence – and make your job easier.
- Eliminates hidden charges: You have no compensating balances, no closing costs, and no blanket liens or other restrictive covenants that banks use to increase customers’ cost. What you see is what you get.
- Offers excellent rates: Our finance partner rates are highly competitive.
- Saves on taxes: Depending on the type of finance agreement you select, as much as 100% of your payments may be tax deductible.
- Offers many payment programs: Our finance partners work for you, not us. You choose the type of loan or lease that best fits your needs, and you select the length of the loan or lease term.
The finance agreement is between you and the lender, and we don’t take commission or referral fees – but we’ve done the preparatory work of allocating a broker for the US, and another for Europe, explaining the technology, validating supplier products and explaining how the technology will be used so your application process is simplified and focused entirely on the financials.
The initial part of the process usually takes less than an hour and means that you can spread the cost of a higher value purchase of equipment like this over several months or even years, allowing you to better plan your project or department budgets, but also means you can get what you need over the coming years, not just what you can afford today.
Details of current funding opportunities and support programmes for research and innovation
Contact our Sales team to discuss your needs further.