How it works
Artisense SLAM algorithm tracks the position of the camera in 3D as it moves, ensuring centimetre accurate positioning. The direct SLAM process makes it more robust and accurate than feature-based, indirect methods.
Auto Exposure Control deals with sudden lighting changes and low light conditions.
Dynamic Object Masking excludes dynamic objects from the mapping and localisation optimisation.
Sensor fusion engine tightly meshes camera and IMU input and can also be fused with RTK GNSS.
Best positioning understanding is achieved using the sensor’s raw data input, solving potential optimisation issues. This deep integration enables more accurate and robust positioning compared to a loosely coupled set of individual sensors where each sensor’s output is only averaged by weight.
- Positioning in six Degrees of Freedom (DoF), with or without GNSS
- Adjustable output frequency, position confidence, velocity and more
- Web-based dashboard for ease of control and monitoring
- Nanosecond synchronization of cameras, IMU and GNSS
- Easy to integrate sensor and retro-fit development kit
- Includes Artisense Sensor and ArtiSLAM software
- AGV and mobile robotics
- ADAS and AV
- Ground truthing
- Image capture
- Asset management
|Hardware||Sensor head, compute module, GNSS receiver and antenna, cable accessories and secure case|
|Software||VINS software, web-based dashboard|
|Documentation||Manual, factory calibration and quality reports|
|ArtiSLAM||6 DoF pose in ECEF / WGS84 and/or|
6 DoF pose in local coordinate
|ArtiFusion||Confidence (covariance) output|
|ArtiSensor||Sensor synchronization < 100 ns|
|960×600 or 1920×1200 px @ 30 FPS in RAW10|
|Support for synchronization with other sensors|
|GNSS receiver output|
|Output Interface||ROS, gRPC|
|Hardware Interface||M12 Ethernet|
|User Interface||Web-based dashboard|
|ArtiSLAM (visual-inertial only)|
|Horizontal||Vertical||Heading||Roll and Pitch|
|Urban (Day)||0.6 %||0.1 %||0.001 deg/m||0.0001 deg/m|
|Urban (Night)||1.2 %||0.3 %||0.002 deg/m||0.0002 deg/m|
|< 0.1m accuracy||< 0.3m accuracy||< 0.5m accuracy|
|Initialization time||10s – 3min|
|Re-initialization time||10s – 3min|
|Latency||Configurable down to 0 ms latency|
|Output frequency||Up to 100 Hz|
|Output||Image||Monochrome RAW8 or RAW10|
|IMU data||3 axis gyroscope and 3 axes accelerometer|
|Sensor components||Camera||Two (2) automotive-grade grayscale HDR global shutter cameras|
|Compute module||NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier|
|Storage||512GB M.2 SSD|
|GNSS Receiver||Septentrio mosaic-X5 as a default receiver|
|GNSS Antenna||Supports L1, L2 and L5|
|Dimensions||Sensor head||30 x 180 x 37.4 mm (stereo camera and IMU, including FAKRA plug). 150mm baseline|
|Compute module||103 x 140 x 53 mm (contains NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier by default)|
|Environment||Operating temp – sensor head||0-40°C|
|Operating temp – compute module||0-60°C|
|Illumination||An external light source is required|
|Recording||Image resolution||Up to 1920×1200 px|
|Image field of view||Up to H: 90 degrees V: 60 degrees|
|Camera rate||Max. 140 FPS|
|IMU rate||Max. ca. 6.7 kHz|
|GNSS rate||10 Hz (RTK)|
|Interface||Sensor head to compute||FPD-Link III|
|Compute module output||M12 Ethernet and micro-B USB2.0|
SMA plug for GNSS antenna connection
Phoenix Contact PC5/2-GU-7,62 (mating connector included)
Sync in/out for synchronization with another clock source
|Mounting||Default||Two ¼-20 UNC threads with 8.5 mm thread depth|
|GNSS||Receiver||Septentrio mosaic-X5||Please enquire for exclusion or different unit|
|Antenna||Supports L1, L2 and L5||Please enquire for exclusion or different unit|
|Mounting||Windscreen mount||Not included||Variable angle 30° to 80° from the horizontal in 5° intervals|
|Custom mount||Available on request|
|Storage||Internal||512 GB M.2 SSD||Upgradable up to 2 TB|
|Cables||Compute module to client||3m M12-RJ45||Variable-length|
|Sensor to compute module||6m FAKRA||Variable-length|
Finance and Shipping
Restrictions on customers
Please note that due to the high average transaction costs, we must adhere to Anti-money laundering legislation. For new customers, this comes into effect when the transaction value is more than £8,800 (or equivalent in USD or EUR).
Please note that some products are restricted so we typically do a brief check on location and customer information before accepting self-service orders.
Online ordering (self service)
On orders up to £8,800 (or equivalent in USD or EUR), we offer online ordering with payment by all major credit cards. Payments can be made in GBP only.
Payment options for transactions over £8,800
Please contact us to complete our ‘Know Your Customer’ form for payments in advance (by BACS or Card) above this amount, or apply for a full ‘Credit Account’ for up to 30 days credit, on account. Payments can be made in GBP, EUR or USD.
Shipping by default is by FedEx and typically takes from one to five working days worldwide. All packages are fully insured from us to you.
Our incoterms are DDP (for UK customers) and DAP (for international customers, including EU). Other incoterms may be available on request in special circumstances.
Goods can also be collected from our logistics centre.
If you are in the US or most countries in Europe, Level Five Supplies is pleased to offer finance as a payment option.
Our appointed partners in the US and Europe can work with you to make equipment purchase more straightforward.
There are many reasons to consider using finance:
- Improves Cash Flow: When you finance your equipment, your cash isn’t tied up in the equipment. Instead, it’s free for other investments that will grow your business, produce income, and ensure the equipment you acquire earns profits over its lifetime.
- Preserves Other Lines of Credit: Tomorrow can bring many opportunities. Financing equipment means you’ll have the credit available (either from the bank or other sources) to take advantage of future opportunities.
- Hedges against inflation: Your monthly payment remains the same over the term of the lease or loan. Money paid later in the term usually have less purchasing power than those paid at the beginning of the term…so you pay for today’s equipment needs with tomorrow’s lower-value currency.
- Provides 100% financing: Even “soft costs” such as training, shipping, installation, and maintenance agreements can usually be included. So you can rest easy knowing that these associated costs won’t disrupt your cash flow.
- Simplifies equipment changes: Hiring additional workforce? Increasing efficiency? Additional equipment can easily be added to your existing loan or lease. Or, if you’re trying to stay ahead of the competition by staying ahead of technologies, the equity in your financed equipment can be applied toward the loan or lease of new equipment. These options solve the problems of obsolescence – and make your job easier.
- Eliminates hidden charges: You have no compensating balances, no closing costs, and no blanket liens or other restrictive covenants that banks use to increase customers’ cost. What you see is what you get.
- Offers excellent rates: Our finance partner rates are highly competitive.
- Saves on taxes: Depending on the type of finance agreement you select, as much as 100% of your payments may be tax deductible.
- Offers many payment programs: Our finance partners work for you, not us. You choose the type of loan or lease that best fits your needs, and you select the length of the loan or lease term.
The finance agreement is between you and the lender, and we don’t take commission or referral fees – but we’ve done the preparatory work of allocating a broker for the US, and another for Europe, explaining the technology, validating supplier products and explaining how the technology will be used so your application process is simplified and focused entirely on the financials.
The initial part of the process usually takes less than an hour and means that you can spread the cost of a higher value purchase of equipment like this over several months or even years, allowing you to better plan your project or department budgets, but also means you can get what you need over the coming years, not just what you can afford today.
Details of current funding opportunities and support programmes for research and innovation
Contact our Sales team to discuss your needs further.